An Australian Travel visa is required to visit Australia for a holiday, to see family and friends or to conduct a short business trip. There are a number of different travel visas types, depending on the purpose and duration of a visit.Travellers from ETA eligible countries can obtain an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA). Alternatively, travellers from non-ETA countries or tourists already in Australia wishing to extend their stay are required to make a paper-based tourist visa application and our Short Travel Visa Application Guide provides all of the information required to assist with the visa application process.

Visitor visa (subclass 600)

This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • To visit or for business visitor purposes.
  • For up to three, six or 12 months.

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • As a visitor.
  • For business visitor activities.
  • To visit family.
  • On a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.

If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.


Translate »